Wednesday, October 24, 2007

aware

If you have the desire and maybe some time, check out this website I found:

http://www.humantrafficking.org/updates/538

It gave me a better perspective as to why some of the beggars are in their current situation. I don't know what I think about their views toward ending street begging, but the information provided is helpful in understanding the situation more.

It's kind of long, so if you check it out, thank you. Maybe you could join me in prayer for these people and maybe pray for some followers of Christ to rise up and meet this head on. Pray that as we continue to say over and over again we want to know God, that we would know what and who it is God cares very deeply for.

3 comments:

carsonbelmont said...

Adam copied me, he literally copied and pasted from my page. We were both in the library together studying.

Anna Margaret said...

ITS NOT ABOUT ME...Thank you Carly for challenging me to look outside of my little world, to care about the things that God cares about, to love ALL people....for we were ALL created in the image of Christ...Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; Male and Female he created them.
Love you and miss you - Mom

Anonymous said...

Aaron C. Broadus
I just got done reading through the article on the website ... it just makes me stop to wonder, how did Jesus deal with beggars? I know I remember stories where he encounters them, I'm just really curious to find out ...

Carly, things you are being challenged with are really hitting home & challenging us, we thank
God for it.